Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] NEW FT SHIPS!! Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] NEW FT SHIPS!!

knife-fighting range and multi-arc weapons

From: <bail9672@b...>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 13:06:14 -0500
Subject: knife-fighting range and multi-arc weapons

I need to get better at the zoom&boom tactics, but we do play on a
small area.  If someone goes off the edge we put the mini back on the
edge and use dice to represent how far off.  Steve and his WW2 naval
ship miniatures have 300 degree arcs and speed 2 advanced drives
(grrr) so he shoots 95% of the time with all weapons (and his dice
rolls are above average :( ).  Sometimes I think having an advanced
drive should have added 5% mass, no matter the size of the drive,
instead of the x3 cost.

But then my opponents hate it when I bring out a Shadow miniature with
a K-gun of the 18-24 caliber; except I'm not that good at aiming and
my dice rolls are below average.  The one time my Kra'vak-styled ship
hit with ALL weapons and double-damaged all the large caliber ones
(range 15, rail guns: 2x3, 2x5, 5x1-the 1s finished off a crippled
ship while the big ones got a threshold on a NSL hunk) they all
wondered where the real Glen was.  :)  It was glorious! (and a game
winner, I had also gotten to their rear of a fleet of MD 2 ships).

Glen

Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] NEW FT SHIPS!! Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] NEW FT SHIPS!!