Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] NEW FT SHIPS!! Next: Re: DS II - Unit sizes?

Re: DS II - Unit sizes?

From: Tony Francis <tony@b...>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 13:44:48 +0000
Subject: Re: DS II - Unit sizes?

John K Lerchey wrote:

>The images helped greatly in clarifying even further.	However, and
please
>forgive my ignorance here, I was looking at two sources recently
(neither
>of which are with me in the office).  A copy of Fine Scale Modeller
with
>an article on Iraqie tank units.  The tanks were given large colored
>boxes, triangles, etc. on the backs and sides of turrets to show which
>platoon and company they were in.  Likewise, in the Vanguard book on
>Bradleys, there are some color plates showing a large chevron (inverted
V)
>on the side of one of the hulls.
>
>These are generic enough that I think I can make reasonable decal sets
of
>them.	The items like blue over green boxes with a "44" in it, and
other
>branch/arms markers may be too "nation specific" to do for sci-fi
vehicles
>unless someone comes up with sets specific to the NAC, FSE, etc.

For nation specific stuff like this, I use 15mm historical markings from

WW2 decals (the particular marking you're talking about is after all a
WW2 sign) such as those sold by http://www.skytrex.com. My future-German

forces (not NSL, as I play my SG2 games in a different universe) have
crosses taken from their WWI aircraft ranges eg the Baldur tanks in
http://www.brigademodels.co.uk/MWS/ShowGames/Outpost/index.html

Presumably you're talking about 25mm markings ? Any chance of 15mm as
well ?

Tony

Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] NEW FT SHIPS!! Next: Re: DS II - Unit sizes?