Prev: Re[2]: DS II - Unit sizes? Next: Re: [GZG Fiction] Seventy Dead after Freighter Accident

Re: [OFFICIAL] NEW FT SHIPS!!

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 02:34:19 -0600
Subject: Re: [OFFICIAL] NEW FT SHIPS!!

> I hate to pitch in on this one, but an Israeli friend of mine also
notes
> that "Sabra" is more normally connected with atrocities committed
during
> the war in Lebenon. In his words, it would be like calling a USN
vessel
> "Vietnam".

Noam has Sabra as a planet name in the New Israel sphere. I'll have to
search the timeline to see if it might be mentioned there.

I'd made the My Lai (sp?) connection myself, but was surprised how
painful
that still is...

The_Beast

Prev: Re[2]: DS II - Unit sizes? Next: Re: [GZG Fiction] Seventy Dead after Freighter Accident