Prev: Re: DS II - Unit sizes? Next: Re: DS II - Unit sizes?

Re: DS II - Unit sizes?

From: John K Lerchey <lerchey@a...>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 16:28:12 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: DS II - Unit sizes?

The images helped greatly in clarifying even further.  However, and
please
forgive my ignorance here, I was looking at two sources recently
(neither
of which are with me in the office).  A copy of Fine Scale Modeller with
an article on Iraqie tank units.  The tanks were given large colored
boxes, triangles, etc. on the backs and sides of turrets to show which
platoon and company they were in.  Likewise, in the Vanguard book on
Bradleys, there are some color plates showing a large chevron (inverted
V)
on the side of one of the hulls.

These are generic enough that I think I can make reasonable decal sets
of
them.  The items like blue over green boxes with a "44" in it, and other
branch/arms markers may be too "nation specific" to do for sci-fi
vehicles
unless someone comes up with sets specific to the NAC, FSE, etc.

Do the markers that I plan to make still have value for y'all?	I know
that I want to use them for my Combine (OGRE) armor battalion in order
clearly designate armor platoons.  Nothing worse than when I give my
carefully painted tanks to another player and says, "How do I know which
ones belong with which?"  :)

John K. Lerchey
Computer and Network Security Coordinator
Computing Services
Carnegie Mellon University

Prev: Re: DS II - Unit sizes? Next: Re: DS II - Unit sizes?