Prev: Re: [FT] New Kra'Vak Next: [OFFICIAL] NEW FT SHIPS!!

Re: [FT] Advanced drives and beams

From: "Matt Tope" <mptope@o...>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 10:39:43 -0000
Subject: Re: [FT] Advanced drives and beams

Laserlight wrote:
>If the rest of your group does this, then you'll all be
over/under-priced
>together, so it's a wash.  Otherwise, it depends on how much drive
you've
>got and what tactics you prefer.
>--  With Thrust 6 advanced drives you can turn to face any direction
you
>want, so a single arc B3 is a lot more viable than it would be with,
say, a
>T2 standard drive.

	We ristricted the arc's on the weapons on advanced drive ships
as we felt
it might otherwise penalise those using K-Guns and advanced drives, who
are
obviously limited to 1 arc with K-3's and above. However if this is not
"real" problem, and having multi arced weapons on advanced drives (other
than the savasku/bioships) does not cause any kind of disbalance, then
in
that case I think I foresee some serious redesigning in my groups corner
of
the galaxy. But just to be sure, having advanced drives with 3 arc B3's
is
ok if your opponant is using advanced drives and single arc K-guns?

>-- If you like to get to knife-fighting range, a single-arc weapon is a
bad
>idea.	If you have the speed and inclination to keep your target at
long
>range, then single arc can work out.

Knife fighting range is good, it's always served me well...

Regards,

Matt Tope

Prev: Re: [FT] New Kra'Vak Next: [OFFICIAL] NEW FT SHIPS!!