Prev: Re: Hijacking the Eric's Full Thrust Ship Creator thread Next: Re: Eric's Full Thrust Ship Creator

Re: [FT] Advanced drives and beams

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 19:23:20 +0100
Subject: Re: [FT] Advanced drives and beams

Matt Tope wrote:

>I am experimenting (in a non-tuffleyverse background I hasten to add)
with
>advanced drives and beam weapons (cinematic movement). I am limiting
class 3
>and 4 beams to 1 arc, class 2 beams to 3 arcs and using class 1 beams
as
>they come.
>
>In doing this am I in danger of exploiting any design/weapon/mass loop
holes
>which will result in the vessels' I create being uber-nasty or
uber-weak?

None that I'm aware of, and I've been using ships like that for the
better
part of ten years now (ever since I got MT). Doesn't necessarily mean
that
there aren't any, but considering some of my opponents over the years it

doesn't seem too likely :-/

FWIW I've never found it necessary to artificially limit longer-ranged
weapons to a single arc on Advanced-drive ships; when you're able to
make
4-pt turns or more you don't really need wide arcs anyway.

Later,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
-Hen3ry

Prev: Re: Hijacking the Eric's Full Thrust Ship Creator thread Next: Re: Eric's Full Thrust Ship Creator