Prev: Re: [OT]New Virus in the wild Next: RE: Kids at GZG ECC?

Re: The GZG Digest V2 #1881

From: DOCAgren@a...
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 02:35:55 EST
Subject: Re: The GZG Digest V2 #1881

In a message dated 1/27/04 2:01:20 AM,
owner-gzg-digest@lists.CSUA.Berkeley.EDU writes:

<< From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@dva.gov.au>

Subject: RE: [CON] GZG East Coast Convention

Reminds me of a local personality who popped over to New Zealand for

convention quite a few years back.

In answer to the usual question "anything to declare", the answer was
"guns,

knives & armor".  They thought he was joking; until the full scale
replica

of an Aliens Sentry Gun went through the x-ray machine!

A 30 minute photo shoot then ensued with the gun set up pointing at the

walk-through metal detector (rather disconcerting for any passengers who

knew what it was!) >>

WTF was he thinking...

In the USA now I'm pretty sure that would get him arrested, or at least
detained.  However I'm not sure how to properly explain what it was, if
they were
"Props" as I've meet some security checkers and if they don't understand
they
get down right annoyed, but anything that looks like a weapon is treated
as suc
h.

Of course with all these other stories, I have to include mine:

Years ago I was traveling back from a convention, out of state after
being
awake 36-48 hours, and I was driving home with my minis and rest of my
gaming
stuff sitting in the back seat of my Horizon.

Well, about 4:30am I got stopped by a State Trooper, who came up ask all
the
questions they normally ask when they think you might have been
drinking, and
when he got to the question of "Do U have any Weapons on you or in the
Car"

I answered "No," and just about that point his flashlight panned into
the
back seat, and saw my minis case (3 Pistol cases).  It my sitting back
in the
squad car, and him opening the cases not so gentle, and then having me
explain
Battletech to him.

End result, No Ticket and I was wide awake.

But learned a great lesson that morning, minis cases always go into the
trunk.

Have a Good One,

DOC Agren

     (Lurker on the Digest)

Prev: Re: [OT]New Virus in the wild Next: RE: Kids at GZG ECC?