Prev: Re: Kids at GZG ECC? Next: Re: [OT]New Virus in the wild

Re: [OT]New Virus in the wild

From: "Alan E Brain" <aebrain@w...>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 09:03:32 +0800
Subject: Re: [OT]New Virus in the wild

Just to remind people : don't open an attachment if you're not sure that
it's kosher. NO matter who it says it's from.

I've received over 100 e-mail bounce reports from mail supposedly sent
by
me, each of which has the MyDoom worm in. This worm spoofs the sender
address, and installs Malware that causes it to open an unauthorised
connection on port 3127.

No, none of these e-mails are from me. If I ever send an attachment to
anyone, I make sure they get prior notice.

>From all indications, this one is very, very contagious, and is spread
very
widely already.

Prev: Re: Kids at GZG ECC? Next: Re: [OT]New Virus in the wild