Prev: [Fwd: GZG Mailing List] Next: Re: [OT]Peperoni

Re: GZG Mailing List

From: Laserlight <laserlight@q...>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 13:56:15 -0500

> "The Government of the Empire of the Romans expresses
> the deepest sympathies to the families of the deceased
> in this horrible accident.  Additionally, all Alarishi
> starships in Roman space are required to update their
> safety inspections and liability insurance, effective
> immediately."

The Alarishi Empire notes that apparently various governments have *not*

been inspecting AE-registered ships; that by implication they're not
inspecting *other* ships; and that they don't seem to understand the
difference between "registered in", "owned by" and "operated by".  This
is distressing but--given that most other governments are run by
dirtsiders--hardly surprising.

The AE wishes to point out that ships of just about any registery and
ownership are welcome in AE space (UN, FSE and ESU excepted); that our
numerous bonded and reputable inspection companies are happy to do
business with you; and that most habs require pre-docking checks,
regardless of the vessel's ownership or registry.  If this unfortunate
event spurs other governments into taking the same basic safety
precautions that the AE has always observed, then perhaps then victims
can be said not to have died in vain.

And if you don't take those safety precautions, SARCo will be happy to
establish financing-and-rescue centers in loci conveniently available to

your shipping lanes.

Prev: [Fwd: GZG Mailing List] Next: Re: [OT]Peperoni