Prev: Re: [CON] GZG East Coast Convention Next: Re: [CON] GZG East Coast Convention

Re: Jon & [CON] GZG East Coast Convention

From: DOCAgren@a...
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 02:22:29 EST
Subject: Re: Jon & [CON] GZG East Coast Convention

In a message dated 1/25/04 2:00:35 AM,
owner-gzg-digest@lists.CSUA.Berkeley.EDU writes:

<< The visa situation seems pretty clear, as it is a pleasure trip (hey,

you think I'm coming over to WORK....??) one is not needed. At least,
not yet - there is a big row brewing about the US's demand that they
be introduced for ALL visits for holders of any new UK passports
issued after October 2004, unless the passport has all the new
biometric data, which won't be feasible till 2005 or so.... guess
what that'll do to Florida's tourist industry....  :-/.

I will double-check with the travel people to make sure that
nothing's changed since I booked. >>

Well Jon,

Do be careful what you bring with you that might "spark" the interest of
an
"airport security" worker.  Even those few last pieces of just out of
the molds
could hold interest to a board checker.

A friend of mine, now living in the UK recently return to the USA with a
# of
others for a conference at the US Navy Academy, and he was stop a double

check just for documents he had on him for the conference.  He said that
there
were a # of people who arrived from overseas who were likewise stop.

Have a Good One,

DOC Agren

     (Lurker on the Digest)

Prev: Re: [CON] GZG East Coast Convention Next: Re: [CON] GZG East Coast Convention