Prev: Re: Rommel Hover Tank Query Next: FT Trek designs

Re: Trek Doomsday Machine

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 19:37:03 -0600
Subject: Re: Trek Doomsday Machine

Welcome and well met, Lachlan! You don't get to call yourself 'lurker'
until silent for a good long while again. ;->=

>The (non-canon, of course) TNG novel "Vendetta" included an "advanced"
>Doomsday Machine, which was the same base shape but covered in
>superstructure - a full-scale production version, I suppose. It always
>sounded like a worthy project to me...

Might be yet another use for the pod racer model. I saw a 'crashed' ship
wargame terrain at GenCon several years ago that used the movie Jupiter
II
as main hull, and pod racer engines as detached debris.

Now that I've a kit in hand, the four longitudinal engine sections for
each
engine might just be sliced and spliced to do the same thing. I suppose
similar textured 'cone' could work better, but I can't think of any.

Other hand, if you go for the 'flat planes', then things like chopped
Robotix parts glued to stepped tubes could work. I've found cheap
partial
sets in thrift stores and garage sales so I'm always trying to think of
uses.

The_Beast

Prev: Re: Rommel Hover Tank Query Next: FT Trek designs