Prev: Re: India, GZG-style (LONG) Next: Re: India, GZG-style - where's the aliens?

Brave Sir Laserlight, and further: Re: India, GZG-style - where's the aliens?

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 01:04:13 -0600
Subject: Brave Sir Laserlight, and further: Re: India, GZG-style - where's the aliens?

laserlight wrote on 01/12/2004 10:16:41 PM:

> Beth.Fulton@csiro.au wrote:
>
>> Laserlight's wish is my command (with in very restricted bounds of
>> reason before I find myself painting up a division of IF!)
>
> Oh, I'd say merely a reinforced battalion each of 6mm IF, PAU, and
> Alarishi, plus a couple of squads of 25mm Aussies and Scots, would be
> plenty.  I'll need them by this upcoming ECC, thanks. ;-)

Funny, the Narn Bat squad seems to be backing off with some speed. They
do
have an uncanny sense of incoming orbital strikes...

***
>From the text:
'While making great strides in technical and industrial fields, it was
still weighed down by internal divisions, low literacy, and grinding
poverty for much of its citizenry.'

I considered it mentioned with the 'internal divisions', which, as so
much
of the good canon, allows one to either assume that threat from without
can
unite, or that the terrible troubles are glossed over in the 'official'
histories. Pollyanna or morose skeptic, your choice.
***
The class/caste divisions in GZG India are most certainly sharp, at
times.
I wasn't sure how much to put in the initial writing, but I might note
them

a bit more.
The Sikhs, yes, they'd probably end up with a colony of their own, and
maybe Amritsar as an autonomous region. As for the Tamils, this leads me
into Beth's suggestions. :)
***

The other thing I had in mind was that leaving such issues vague also
left
room for folks to make their own lesser minor, as opposed to an India
star
nation, nations. I think a separate Sikh nation has been discussed
before.

The_Beast

Prev: Re: India, GZG-style (LONG) Next: Re: India, GZG-style - where's the aliens?