Prev: Re: India, GZG-style - where's the aliens? Next: Re: India, GZG-style (LONG)

Re: India, GZG-style and Aliens

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 18:00:44 +0100
Subject: Re: India, GZG-style and Aliens

Alan Brain wrote:

>The KV have different Clans, but all seem to use the same set of ship
designs.

IMO this should be "The KV have a myriad different clans; and while the
small number of clans humanity has encountered to date all seem to use
roughly the same set of ship designs we don't know anything about what
designs the clans we *haven't* seen yet might use".

Even when you start mixing in the new (FT42x and 43x) ships, you don't
know
if this represents the previously encountered clans getting new ships,
newly encountered clans with both known and previously unknown designs,
or
previously encountered clans with known designs getting reinforced by
newly
encountered clans using previously unknown designs (the latter being
very
similar to how human ships from several different navies get thrown into
ad
hoc task forces during the Xeno War, and with similar C3 problems caused
by
poorly suppressed inter-service rivalries, lack of command systems
integration etc.) :-/

>The Phalon "Conglomerate" implies a union of radically different
societies
>embedded in a common cultural matrix - but they have the same set of
ship
>designs.

Same as above, but replace "KV" with "Phalon".

Later,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
-Hen3ry

Prev: Re: India, GZG-style - where's the aliens? Next: Re: India, GZG-style (LONG)