Prev: Re: [FT] Memo to St Jon Next: Re: [FT] orbital sighting

Re: [FT] Memo to St Jon

From: Phillip Atcliffe <Phillip.Atcliffe@u...>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 12:08:03 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: Re: [FT] Memo to St Jon

On Tue, 6 Jan 2004 05:45:51 -0600 Doug Evans <devans@nebraska.edu>
wrote:

>> Memo to Jon: What about making this an "official kit", possibly by
frommaging one of the moulds? Maybe one where the detail to be removed
has already lost its crispness? <

> Might sound too much like 'order bitz from our boyz' as in the evil
empire(tm). ;->= <

Oh, no, because you can rely on Jon, both to be prepared to send you
the bits you want, and to actually send you the stuff! The Evil Empire
has trouble finding its own backside in its Official Catalogue(tm), and
then usually won't send you the crap it supposedly sells because... oh,
I dunno; from some of the excuses I've been given over the years, I
think it's because the Trollz get PMS on a weekly basis.

GZG, though, seem to actually want to do business with their customers,
and I have proof in the form of several "unofficial" kitbashed models
ranging from BCs to a uberSDN, most of which were assembled from loose
parts supplied at my request. There's no comparison, really.

Phil
----
"Sic Transit Gloria Barramundi"
   (Or, So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!)
   -- not the late, lamented Douglas Adams, but me: Phil Atcliffe
					   (Phillip.Atcliffe@uwe.ac.uk)

Prev: Re: [FT] Memo to St Jon Next: Re: [FT] orbital sighting