Prev: Re: Fleet Composition - What more should I get? Next: Re: Fleet Composition - What more should I get?

Re: Fleet Composition - What more should I get?

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2004 21:52:48 -0600
Subject: Re: Fleet Composition - What more should I get?

At 4:00 PM -0500 1/3/04, Jalinth wrote:
[snip]

>My List
>
>3 Athena Class Corvettes

Get more Corvettes. You should have several
divisions of escorts for every Cruiser and Battle
Ship

>3 San Migel II class DD

I like the traditional Role of several Basic DDs
with a CL DDL (Destroyer Leader) as the division
flag. I have somewhere around 5 DD divisions with
neary that many DDH/DDLs as division flag ships.

>2 San Migel DD (catalog says they are Trieste Super DDs now)
>
>1 Suffren CL

I've put together several CLs and CAs with
smaller and larger versions kit bashed as
variants or other classes that develop from those
classes.

>1 Jerez CA	 ]=======

>1 Ypres BC		       ||  This here is my Core fleet. I think I
may
>need a bit more in here.

The thing I don't like about the typical FT BC is
that they're the same speed as the BBs in the
same fleet. BCs should be faster that the BBs and
as fast as the lighter stuff. So, I made up two
BCs (Black Prince class) from some Ticonderoga
hulls with BB 'banjos' (From some NAC carrier
bits I stripped).

>1 Roma BB     ]=======

A Battle Line is always impressive. 2-3 BBs with
Several SDNs make a dreadful statement.

>1 Jeanne D'Arc CVA  ]======= Not yet Painted/fully assembled. Still
looks
>really impressive. Not
>as impressive as seeing 5 large Phalon Cap Ships in formation, but
>nice nonetheless.

Several Carriers with some lighter versions are
something I made up. I also made up some odd kind
of escort carrier with a NAC DD 'banjo' stuck off
to the side that makes an excellent Gator
Carrier. It has a larger front bay and a tiny
fighter launch panel made from a wing's and
things kit.

Some auxilliary ships are also a good idea.
Ryan Gill	       rmgill@SPAMmindspring.com
      |        |		   |	     -==----
      | O--=-  |		   |	    /_8[*]°_\
'60 Daimler Ferret '42 Daimler Dingo '42 Humber MkIV (1/3)

Prev: Re: Fleet Composition - What more should I get? Next: Re: Fleet Composition - What more should I get?