Prev: Re: this is a first... Firefly Next: Re: this is a first... Firefly

Re: this is a first... Firefly

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2004 23:24:57 +0000
Subject: Re: this is a first... Firefly

>This is one I have not heard of before.
>
>Can anyone give me a brief review / overview of the quality of firefly?
 Is
>it well acted and has it got good SFX?
>
>Thank you

As Roger mentioned, we had a bit of a chat about it around early-mid
December, and I posted an overview then. I can repost it if you can't
find it in the archives, or direct email it to you if you want.

It's VERY well written and acted, the SFX are good (but surprisingly
unimportant in most episodes!), and it was quite possibly far too
clever for the TV execs who pull the strings, which is probably why
it got cancelled ("That's not Science Fiction! There are no people
with rubber bottoms stuck to their foreheads! And the spaceships
aren't blowing each other up!! And they're not trying to save the
Galaxy either!").

It's probably the closest thing to life on a "Traveller" free trader
that we'll ever see on TV......

Watch it. You'll like it.  ;-)

Jon (GZG)

DVDs?