Prev: Re: Ship Bits files for Power Projection Next: Re: Background Material: A call for Help from US Easterners

Re: Background Material: A call for Help from US Easterners

From: <warbeads@j...>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 09:33:19 -0600
Subject: Re: Background Material: A call for Help from US Easterners

My apologies.  I should not have gone off like that.  There are many
wonderful people in saint Louis who are as 'color-blind' (insert
ethnicity of choice for color as needed) in the good sense of the word.

Not that California (birth state) has a lack of emotion about
Hispanic/racial/ethnic	issues.

Side note - Did you know that General Baca's (ret.) - he was a
Mexican-American speaker we had two years ago -  Sister-in-law is from
South America (Peru  IIRC ?) and thinks Mariachi music should be made
illegal? Well, not really <grin>  but she says it grates on the ears...
apparently classical music is the pinnacle of some South American
countries ideal music.	More evidence that 'people in a box' approaches
are dysfunctional.

As to the Confederacy thing - I know that my co-worker (from Louisiana)
tells me that Louisiana voted to stay in the Union until Lincoln levied
troop quotas to go fight their 'relations' in the seceded states.  Then
Louisiana reconvened and seceded.  Take a look at Southern tariff
(taxes)
payments to the Federal Government prior to 1861 and see why Lincoln
couldn't afford to let the South secede without going bankrupt as a
nation.  I suspect that in a break up of the US there would not be six
much less eleven states together due to current differences.

Gracias,
Glenn (somewhat embarrassed by his post)

Hx, SF, and Fx: 6 mm figures, Starships and 1:6K "Wet Navy" warships
are my main interest.	But I have forces in 6 through 25 mm FWIW...

On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 00:49:25 -0500 Ryan Gill <rmgill@mindspring.com>
writes:
>At 10:58 PM -0600 12/12/03, <warbeads@juno.com> wrote:
>>

>>I'll put up South Saint Louis Whites and North City Blacks any day as
>>still unwilling to work together - people walked out of restaurants
>as
>>near as 10 years ago when i adopted my first daughter from India -
>NO,
>>THEY DON'T KNOW THE DIFFERENCE!
>
>Sometimes it's worse for ares of the country that
>don't have black people at all. They poopoo the
>south for it's racial problems, but are strictly
>white bread for hundreds of miles. Someone who's
>not Anglo show's up and they just don't know how
>to behave.
>
>Further, the areas around Atlanta are getting
>better and better about this. Heck I know of an
>Openly pagan family in Forsyth county. Not
>exactly the heart of southern tolerance. Still,
>they get along because that county has become a
>developing area due to the expansion of the
>Atlanta Metro Area and the sheer number of folks
>building homes there. It's not country much
>anymore.
>

>--
>--
>Ryan Gill		rmgill@SPAMmindspring.com
>      |	|		    |	      -==----
>      | O--=-	|		    |	     /_8[*]°_\
>      |_/|o|_\_|	| _________ |	     /_[===]_\
>'60 Daimler Ferret '42 Daimler Dingo '42 Humber MkIV (1/3)

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

Prev: Re: Ship Bits files for Power Projection Next: Re: Background Material: A call for Help from US Easterners