Prev: Re: Background Material: A call for Help from US Easterners Next: RE: Background Material: A call for Help from US Easterners

Re: Ship Bits files for Power Projection

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 13:43:05 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Ship Bits files for Power Projection

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003, Roger Burton West wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 12, 2003 at 03:31:32PM -0600, Doug Evans wrote:
> >If it doesn't open automatically with Winzip, and I can't manipulate
with
> >Paint, it probably won't do me much good.
>
> It's fairly easy to convert in an automated way from the standard
> formats to the restricted set that Windows built-in software can
> understand. I'd say this is probably worth doing...

Always! I've got Photoshop 6 (semi-legally...) & GIMP is always free,
but
there're lots of folks out there still trying to manage with whatever
default programs come with Windows.

The main problem w/ Paint or whatever it's called is how few file types
it
can handle, really.

Brian
http://wind.prohosting.com/~warbard/games.html