Prev: Re: Background Material: A call for Help from US Easterners Next: Re: Ship Bits files for Power Projection

RE: Background Material: A call for Help from US Easterners

From: "David Rodemaker" <dar@h...>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 15:30:02 -0600
Subject: RE: Background Material: A call for Help from US Easterners

> Southern Florida joined the Carribean in forming a
> Conglomerated nation called "Atlantis."

Sounds good.

> MN, WI, & MI form the "Republic of the Old Northwest,"
> most of the plains states are the Native Peoples
> Nation.

That works well also, though the name doesn't ring true for me.

> The Illinois,
> > Indiana,
> I'm thinking IL, IN, OH, KS, MO, & IA as one, TN, KT
> as one, not sure what to do with WV.

Throw it into the second polity.

> > Part of the issue is what sort of tech level are you
> > using? Is geography the
> > deciding factor? Or is it already extant
> > cultural/ethic identity?
> Haveb't nailed down the tech level yet, we're probably
> talking near-c travel but not FTL yet,  extra-systemic
> travel takes years to the nearest colonies.
> Mostly cultural, with some future changes projected,
> and the occasional nod to geography.

Then the real issue is keeping cultural identity. The Confederacy
probably
would rise again, but what make a nice bit of story would be the fact
that
it's a impoverished 3rd world nation due to the constant guerilla
warfare
and otherwise nasty state of affairs. Not to mention constant tension
with
'Atlantis'

David

Prev: Re: Background Material: A call for Help from US Easterners Next: Re: Ship Bits files for Power Projection