Prev: Re: [FT] Campaign Poll Next: Re: [FT] Full Thrust Ship Creator returns (hopefully)

Re: Galactica 2003

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 15:29:18 +0000
Subject: Re: Galactica 2003

On Thu, Dec 11, 2003 at 07:40:50AM -0500, Noam Izenberg wrote:

>I think the space combat was a cross between cinematic and vector. We
>saw fighters yaw/pitch while keeping direction, but I didn't get a good

>feel for how the fighters themselves made 180 degree changes of
>movement - it seemed a bit too fast for a vector reversal. There are
>clearly grav type forces available. I suspect PSB of linear/vector
>turbo boosters +cinematic grav  turning ability.

Are you familiar with the GURPS "hyperdynamic field" concept?
Essentially it's a sort of extradimensional "atmosphere" in space which
ships can catch with airfoil-type surfaces (suitably plated in Strange
Substances), allowing them to do aircraft-style manoeuvres (though
still without gravity).

If it's thin enough, it's a fairly good match for this style of
movement...

Roger, slowly catching up with mail

Prev: Re: [FT] Campaign Poll Next: Re: [FT] Full Thrust Ship Creator returns (hopefully)