Prev: Re: Re: [OT] Imperial Storm trooper Next: Re: [OT] Imperial Storm trooper

Re: this is a first...

From: Indy <kochte@s...>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 12:37:22 -0500
Subject: Re: this is a first...

Stuart Ford wrote:

> Mark,
>
> This hasn't been due to lack of interest or ideas... I've been holding
back,
> not wanting to spoil it for anyone who didn't have a chance to see it
yet.

> They are showing both parts back to back again this weekend.

Could always pad the email with spoiler warnings and spaces. :-)

I don't think a lot of the space combat was a giveaway to anything.
They addressed pseudo real physics by using reaction thrusters on
the Vipers rather than doing it Cinematic and having them emmulate
planes in space. I haven't had a chance to *really* examine the
combat sequences in detail yet, so not sure if they got it all right
or not. But the overall story is gelling some scenario ideas in me
for ECC 8.  ;-)

Some of the combat footage was pretty cool, but other parts were
jerky to me. I understand they were trying to give you the feel for
*being* *right* *there* in the battle, but...deep space battles won't
generate the same concussive forces as combat in an atmosphere will.
That was most distracting [for me] when the Galactica was firing her
weapons (but ymmv).

Mk

Prev: Re: Re: [OT] Imperial Storm trooper Next: Re: [OT] Imperial Storm trooper