Prev: Re: [FT] Campaign Poll Next: Re: Dragonmeet

Re: [FT] Campaign guidelines Re: [FT] Campaign Poll

From: Dominic Mooney <dom.mooney@d...>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2003 13:11:44 +0000
Subject: Re: [FT] Campaign guidelines Re: [FT] Campaign Poll

On Thursday, December 4, 2003, at 07:18 PM, Doug Evans wrote:

>> How aspects of the campaign (governments, research, abstracted ground
> operations, resource allocation & >management, etc).
>
> I'm coming to the conclusion that what you are giving, i.e. strategic
> campaigns, are best left for long time committed groups, say,
> scientists at
> the south pole. Unless LEGALLY committed...
>
> An operational campaign, similar to that described in the pre-FB FT,
> perhaps punched up just a little, or even a set of tourney-style
> meet-ups,
> might be how you move out of the one-offs.

Power Projection: Fleet has three levels of more strategic stuff:

1. Tournament rules (which is basis for squadron designs and comes from
Trillion Credit Squadron).
2. Clash of Empires (a somewhat abstracted economics system based upon
a pre-selected overall budget linked to the local planetary systems
economies, plus logistics and maintenance).
3. Pocket Empires (basically, the Trillion Credit Squadron economics
rules integrated to Power Projection).

Options 2 and 3 are managed within the strategic turn system, which is
a development of that seen originally in Fifth Frontier War by GDW.

I'm hoping to set up something using Option 2...

Dom
------------Dom Mooney-------dom@cybergoths.u-net.com----------
"Once we actually mapped it for publication it seemed to shrink in
size and was no longer the immensity that would take months to
traverse. As things become known, they lose grandeur."
After Steve Perrin, Pavis & Big Rubble Reprint Epilogue
http://www.cybergoths.u-net.com   http://www.bits.org.uk/

Prev: Re: [FT] Campaign Poll Next: Re: Dragonmeet