Prev: Re: Battle Robots Next: Re: POLIZEI

Instant WWI Rules (Was: RE: Raising young Gamers)

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 12:43:38 +1100
Subject: Instant WWI Rules (Was: RE: Raising young Gamers)

Instant WWI Rules:

Playing area: the entire lounge room floor.

Distance Measurement: use a standard ruler as a unit; exact length
doesn't
matter

Movement:
All infantry move one unit per turn.
Tanks also move one unit per turn (they're really slow, but have other
advantages).

Infantry can cross one obstacle (barb wire, trench, crater etc) as part
of
their movement, but must stop before crossing a second obstacle.  Tanks
ignore all obstacles.

Infantry must remain within one unit of their officer; if the officer is
killed, a new officer is allocated from the survivors.

Ranged Combat: (using d6)
Infantry roll 1 die per figure.
Emplaced Machine Guns or Tank Machine Guns roll 5 die per gun team.
Target number starts at 2+ and increases by one for every full unit.  If
the
target is in cover (such as buildings or trenches), increase the range
by
two units for the target number.
ie: 1 unit = 2+, 2 units = 3+, 3 units = 4+, 4 units = 5+, 5 units = 6.
Casualties are removed from the target unit based on the hits inflicted.

Artillery pieces automatically cause 1d6 casualties on the target unit
or
destroy a tank on a roll of 6.

Close Combat:
If infantry are moved into contact with other infantry or tanks, then
close
combat ensues.	Every figure rolls 1 die; for each result of 4 or more,
one
casualty is inflicted on the enemy.  Results in close combat are
simultaneous and occur on both players turns.
If infantry are attacking a tank in close combat, on a roll of 6 the
attacker gains entry to the tank and can fight close combat with the
crew
before the tank moves on it's turn.  If any crew survive, the tank can
drive
off, otherwise it has been captured or disabled for the battle.  This
represents grenades and other nasty close combat weapons being used to
disable them.

Tanks:
Tanks are generally immune to Infantry fire and Machine Gun fire,
although
minor damage could be inflicted.  The main method of destroying a tank
is to
shoot it with artillery or attack it in close combat.

Brendan
'Neath Southern Skies