Prev: Re: [DS] House Rules: ZADS Next: Re: [DS] ZADS to ZADFC HR's Part II

Re: [DS] ZADS to ZADFC HR's Part II

From: Brian B <greywanderer987@y...>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 08:01:22 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [DS] ZADS to ZADFC HR's Part II

--- A J Martin <AJMartin@orcon.net.nz> wrote:

> We have laser ablative armour on our VTOLs and
> Aerospace, for just this
> reason! :)
>
> > Well, it appears that Jon actually didn't *base*
> the ZADS on anything in
> particular.
>
> I get the distinct impression that they're twin,
> turret-mounted, size 2, 3
> or 4 weapons. Here's why:
>
> Size 2 weapon * 3 (in turret)
> + twin-ed Size 2 Weapon * 2
> = 10 capacity.
>
> Size 3 weapon * 3 (in turret)
> + twin-ed Size 3 weapon * 2
> = 15 capacity.
>
> Size 4 weapon * 3 (in turret)
> + twin-ed Size 4 weapon * 2
> = 20 capacity.
>
> Which matches the existing capacities: Basic = 10,
> Enhanced = 15, Superior =
> 20.
>
> Of course, there could be better designs that I
> haven't found yet.

The numbers fit, but it just doesn't "Feel" right, for
several reasons reasons:

1) It doesn't acknowledge the fact that all ZADS' act
like RFAC 2's in DF mode.
2) It doesn't assume any increase in capacity for ZAD
Firecon systems.
3) It doesn't address Mr. Gill's concerns regarding
increased size of turret/traversing gear for the
greater elevation of a ZAD gun.

=====
"Teach a man to make fire, and he will be warm for a day.  Set a man on
fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life."   -- John A.
Hrastar

Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
http://companion.yahoo.com/

Prev: Re: [DS] House Rules: ZADS Next: Re: [DS] ZADS to ZADFC HR's Part II