Prev: RE: THE LADS Next: Re: [DS] ZADS to ZADFC HR's Part II

Re: [DS] House Rules: ZADS

From: "A J Martin" <AJMartin@o...>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 20:53:40 +1300
Subject: Re: [DS] House Rules: ZADS

> > To use another direct fire weapon system (other than RFAC/2, HVC/3
and
HVC/4 equivalents),

> Why these specific equivalents?  The original rules equated ALL ZADS'
RFAC 2's.  Did your house rules line up the three listed above with B,
E, &
S  ZADS'?

That's what the existing rules for ZAD/ADS equated to in points cost and
volume, as I discovered. The only difference was in range, which was a
small
enough change.

> > Multiply the cost by ten and that is the price of the system in
points.

> How'd you come up with this cost formula?

That's what it works out as in the design system for the original rules.
reverse engineered the original ADS/ZAD into the DSII design system for
weapons. The "multiply by 10" works out as well.

> > The ADS quality die is based on the size of the weapon: size 1 to
size 5
is D4 to D12 respectively.

> Hmmm.... why?  Shouldn't that be determined by the quality of Firecon?

Because that's what the existing ADS/ZAD uses, IIRC. I just expanded the
range.

> > Even though *two* weapon systems are fitted, only *one* set of
damage
chits are drawn.

> Porque?  I also don't advocate increasing damage, but that's because I
am
for resolving a separate To Hit Roll for each barrel.....  The system
you've
described doesn't seem to give any advantage to multiple barreled
systems.....

It does. One just has to read further, and see the differences in
single-barrelled, tri-barrel and quad-barrel, in relation to chit
damage.

> > You could install three weapons in turret, multiply by 5, but you
will
only get *red* and *yellow* chits valid.

> The above section seemed really complicated to me, and unnecessary if
apply the other rules I've come up with so far....

It fits with the existing rules... :-/

> > The ADS quality die is based on the size of the weapon: size 1 to
size 5
is D4 to D12 respectively.

> Hmmm.... why?  Shouldn't that be determined by the quality of Firecon?

Again, it fits with the existing rules for ADS/ZAD. :-\

Of course, I'm always open to new and better approaches.

Andrew J Martin
Speaking in tongues and performing miracles.
ICQ: 26227169
http://www.rebol.it/Valley/
http://valley.orcon.net.nz/
http://Valley.150m.com/
-><-

Prev: RE: THE LADS Next: Re: [DS] ZADS to ZADFC HR's Part II