Prev: Re: [OT] Furthering the rant Re: Headgear Next: RE: Headgear

Re: Headgear

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 17:53:51 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Headgear

--- Ryan Gill <rmgill@mindspring.com> wrote:

> >  > I know for a fact that some of our embedded
> >  > reporters were with the troops in the field.
> Fred
> >
> >How many are there now, though?
>
> Do you count the ones that work specifically for
> us or ones that are affiliates that we exchange
> copy through? You have to realize, the reason CNN
> is as big as it is, is due to the distributed
> nature or our New Gathering.

Well, last time I saw CNN was some months ago (I've
been avoiding the news these past two weeks).  There
had been a bombing in Baghdad, and I was watching on
the screen things that flatly contradicted what the
reporters were saying.	Besides which the folks at the
desk (presumably in Atlanta??) managed to state an
incorrect date and time (Baghdad is 8 hours off of
Atlanta, not 9).  Didn't do much for my impression.

At any rate, the embeds are pretty much gone, and
reporters hook up for specific stories or roam around
looking for 'em.  Every month I see fewer and fewer
reporters and watch fewer reports filed from anywhere
but Baghdad.  That ain't CNN alone, either.

John

Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
http://companion.yahoo.com/

Prev: Re: [OT] Furthering the rant Re: Headgear Next: RE: Headgear