Prev: Re: [SGII] [DSII] 170th North American Infantry Next: Re: [OT] Furthering the rant Re: Headgear

Re: Headgear

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 12:22:03 -0500
Subject: Re: Headgear

At 9:21 AM -0600 11/27/03, Allan Goodall wrote:

>Gosh, you're seeing British Troops? If you had to live with ABC, CBS,
>NBC, Fox, and PBS, like I do here in Louisiana (without cable), you
>wouldn't even _know_ British troops are still there...

I see them on the AP stories we push through at
CNN. I've also gone looking on the the AP picture
desk server that our folks use to

>What bugs me is that this isn't the fault of the American people.
>Most of the Americans I know _want_ to be informed. It's the fault of
>U.S. media who have a big disconnect with the rest of the populace.

I dunno, if they don't watch the stories, they
aren't shown as much. Double for news stories on
the web site. We have enough metrics on the
CNN.com web site to know when and how much
certain stories are clicked through to and anyone
with a bit of statistics knowledge can critique
the newsroom on what stories are really working
and where they need to be on the page (T1, T2,
T3, the section page, etc).

Ryan Gill	       rmgill@SPAMmindspring.com
	    I speak not for CNN, nor they for me.
       But I do work there and still like the company.
      |        |		   |	     -==----
      | O--=-  |		   |	    /_8[*]°_\
'60 Daimler Ferret '42 Daimler Dingo '42 Humber MkIV (1/2)

Prev: Re: [SGII] [DSII] 170th North American Infantry Next: Re: [OT] Furthering the rant Re: Headgear