Prev: Re: Headgear Next: 6MM Dropship

[OT] Furthering the rant Re: Headgear

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 10:16:02 -0600
Subject: [OT] Furthering the rant Re: Headgear

***
What bugs me is that this isn't the fault of the American people.
Most of the Americans I know _want_ to be informed. It's the fault of
U.S. media who have a big disconnect with the rest of the populace.
***

I've heard a bit here and there about Brits, though a fair amount, not
exclusively, of that is because I listen to BBC World Service. On the
other
other hand, I remember our own pundits and watchdogs complaining about
the
US media's fascination with Michael Jackson (the pop star, not the
general), when that morning I'd heard that, of the three headlines for
the
opening of the news summary, Michael Jackson (ps) was the second,
following
the deaths in Istanbul.

I was too pi**ed at my news icon to even hear the third headline...

Vis a' vis, the US press: I've noticed that the small bits I hear from
them
sound like envy that the Brit's SEEM to be do so well with their own
areas,
no matter what Karl's come up with in casualty figures. I assumed that
experience can be a very good teacher, and they've had plenty in the
area,
much of it in error.

The_Beast

Prev: Re: Headgear Next: 6MM Dropship