Prev: Re: [SG2] weapons Next: RE: [DSII] Armored Cav Question

[DS] House Rules: ZADS

From: Brian B <greywanderer987@y...>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 16:32:51 -0800 (PST)
Subject: [DS] House Rules: ZADS

Hey gang!

I need some help with a House Rule for ZAD in DSII.
Most of the rules I've worked out, it's the last one
that is my sticking point.  I would like to run the
entire set of rules past the group, get their
feedback, and also some suggestions for the last rule.

These are intended as stopgap rules, ignore them
if/when DS3 ever comes out:

these rules are intended to allow the player to design
ZADs systems with a bit more oomph than normal, as
well as to simulate different system concepts.	The
numbers for capacity are extrapolated from current
rules regarding ZADS (treat as a RFAC 2 when not in AD
mode):

ZADFC:	Zone Air Defence FireCon can be added to any
Direct Fire weapon in a full 360 turret.  It replaces
the normal Firecon system, and takes up extra capacity
but not an extra weapon slot.  The capacity
requirements are:
BZADFC: 4 capacity
EZADFC: 9 Capacity
SZADFC: 14 Capacity

Cost (I don't have my books here.  Take the cost of
each ZADS, subtract the cost of a turreted RFAC2, the
result is the cost of a ZADFC)

ZADFC in Anti-air mode:  Vs. VTOLS and Aerospace,
resolve as per normal direct fire rules:  Roll the
ZADFC die based on Firecon as adjusted for weapon
range, roll for aircraft based on signature.  For
Aerospace craft (NOT for slower VTOL'S), roll a
secondary die for pilot quality.  If a hit is
achieved, roll for damage based on weapon class and
size.

Anti-air mode and multiple mount main weapons:	each
barrel may engage the target. Thus an ADFC mated to
twin MDC 3's would get 2shots at an aircraft, etc.

ZADFC in Anti-Missile mode:

This is where I'm a bit stuck.	How do you combine the
modification of ADS die quality for numbers of
missiles engaged AND the adjustment for range if
you're using multiple range bands, and how does
multiple mounts affect this?  Thoughts?

=====
"Teach a man to make fire, and he will be warm for a day.  Set a man on
fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life."   -- John A.
Hrastar

Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
http://companion.yahoo.com/

Prev: Re: [SG2] weapons Next: RE: [DSII] Armored Cav Question