Prev: Re: POLIZEI Next: Re: [SG/DS] Orbital assault was RE: Troop Quality was RE: [SG2] weapons

Re: [SG/DS] Orbital assault

From: <warbeads@j...>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 17:28:46 -0600
Subject: Re: [SG/DS] Orbital assault

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 12:59:31 -0500 "laserlight@quixnet.net"
<laserlight@quixnet.net> writes:
<snip>
>Or, the point I was making, the
>we-couldn't-be-sure-what-is-was-from-orbit-but-now-we're-here-and-it's-
the-C
>hinese-embassy (non) bombardment.

Might I point out that NIMA (actually NGA as of Wednesday) did not
select
that target (we  identified all but one... and the CIA identified that
one - do the math - off incorrect and inferior data.)  Not 100% their
fault but if the DOS had told us/them the normal way or they had asked
DOS [no comment about if we would have] that would have been avoided.
Nations tell other nations (usually; almost always) where their
embassies
and counsels are located so they won't be targets.  Well, conventional
targets anyway. [My intense sympathy to our UK brethren about Turkey.
There is no excuse for that and I am sure 'somebody' in your armed
forces/IC is working to arrange an 'accounting' on that matter.
God/Allah/somebody  help bastards if your guys identify the perpetrators
since you are righteously good about applying justice to bad guys.]

That said, it's amazing more incidents like that don't happen.	Mostly
they don't because the "West" spends a lot of time making sure they
don't.	I know from first hand observation that most analysts  put down
whole lot of 'no strikes' - probable mosques/temples/churches shall we
say - in South Asia (those have never been called on for operational
purposes Thank God) that were on the block involved in products and left
off a lot of 'strikable' locations because they were not satisfied they
were sure of the choice of buildings on the block when there was a
conflict in sources.  And even that doesn't guarantee no horrible
incidents occur.

In GZG terms then there should be a low incidence in most cases about
striking 'possible' targets (more for some groups - NAC/NSL/FSE/possibly
RH for example and less for others ESU/possibly IC/IF come to mind) but
if a surface to space weapon fires from a 'house of worship' the level
of
care and concern for 'no strikes' would drop dramatically in a campaign
setting.

I think most major powers would certainly take precautions (big 4 and
most Eurocentric groups like the Netherlands and OU) and others would do
so far as resources allowed but less effectively (LLAR due to thin pesos
for such efforts, IC believe it or not might make a big effort in peace
time to do so but regret that resources were too thin in times of
conflict, PAU would simply not have resources and would give lip service
to the concept, IF would 'regret' misidentifications, I'll pass on the
UNSC due to intense personal prejudice over it's origins.)

Gracias,
Glenn

Hx, SF, and Fx: 6 mm figures, Starships and 1:6K "Wet Navy" warships
are my main interest.	But I have forces in 6 through 25 mm FWIW...

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

Prev: Re: POLIZEI Next: Re: [SG/DS] Orbital assault was RE: Troop Quality was RE: [SG2] weapons