Prev: Re: [SGII] [DSII] 170th North American Infantry Next: [DSII] APC's for sale

[DSII] Armored Cav Question

From: Brian B <greywanderer987@y...>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 14:47:11 -0800 (PST)
Subject: [DSII] Armored Cav Question

I'm working on an update of my information for the
Cascadian Armed Forces in my homegrown setting, and
I'm trying to come up with some basics for Cavalry.
As I've mentioned before, the CasCav has two main
functions in this setting:  First of all as a highly
mobile recon force for the main body, and secondly, as
a garrison force on lightly held Cascadian colonies
(sort of like the romanticized image of the US Cavalry
in the Old West).  The CasCav Regiments assigned to
this second mission will usually be highly mobile,
concentrated microcosms of larger forces - often a
single Squadron will be assigned to one world, and
will provide the bulk of the Federal forces on
isolated worlds (Usually including a RCMP [RC in this
case being Republic of Cascadia, since there are
former provinces in the Republic] Troop and a training
Cdre to help the quiality of local militia troops).

Based on these requirements, what kind of mobility
would folks in the know recommend for the two
missions?

For both missions (1.  Mechanized Recon, 2. rapid
response garrison force) I was tempted to use Grav,
since it's fast, but I have concerns regarding it's
terrain restrictions.  Of course Air Cav will play a
part, but for the ground units, what plays out best?

Thanks

B^3

=====
"Teach a man to make fire, and he will be warm for a day.  Set a man on
fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life."   -- John A.
Hrastar

Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
http://companion.yahoo.com/

Prev: Re: [SGII] [DSII] 170th North American Infantry Next: [DSII] APC's for sale