Prev: Re: POLIZEI Next: Re: [SGII] [DSII] 170th North American Infantry

uniformed appearance.

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 16:16:51 -0500
Subject: uniformed appearance.

At 11:49 AM -0600 11/26/03, Don M wrote:

>Sounds good in theory but do you want to write the letter home to
>some kids' mom that we thought this area was pacified.....I don't.

Vs how our guys showed up with body armor, helmets and the forces
they were facing were also sufficiently armed to kill them as well?

Clothing appearance can really affect how the troops are perceived.
Not all situations require combat to resolve. The British, who have
been keeping order in an empire for centuries have this ingrained
that sometimes you politely talk, sometimes you blast the stuffing
out of them. Knowing what foot to put forward and how to step is key
here. It's subtle, but it does seem to work for them more often than
not. On the times that it doesn't a Kevlar helmet isn't going to make
much of a difference
- Ryan Montieth Gill			     '01 Honda Insight -
- rmgill@SPAmindspring.com			    '85 CB700S -
- ryan.gill@SPAMturner.com		 '76 Chevy Monte Carlo -
- www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       '72 Honda CB750 -
-				      '60 Daimler FV701H Mk2/3 -
-				   '42 Daimler Scout Car Mk II -
-	 The director of Home Security encourages you to       -
-	   turn in your neighbor & spy on your friends.        -
-  C&R-FFL  /  Protect your electronic rights!	  \ EFF-ACLU   -

Prev: Re: POLIZEI Next: Re: [SGII] [DSII] 170th North American Infantry