Prev: Re: [SG/DS] Orbital assault Next: Re: [SG/DS] Orbital assault

RE: [SG/DS] Orbital assault

From: "B Lin" <lin@r...>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 18:41:00 -0700
Subject: RE: [SG/DS] Orbital assault

You actually don't need to PSB anything - just make it a Convention -
something like MAD or the Geneva Conventions - you don't slag civilian
populations or your country/planet/empire will get slagged in return.

Seems to work in the modern world with nukes.

Target identification is a separate issue - you still have the problem
of ID whether you are shooting a Class 10 beam, a 2000 lbs PGM or a
class 5 HEL.  Is it an armory or a hospital?  Are those reporters with
abig camera or enemy infantry with an ATGM?  The only difference is
scale - at one end you end up with a single dead friendly, at the other,
maybe a couple of thousand.  If you are having trouble ID'ing targets,
you might want to stay away from the large scale stuff.

--Binhan