Prev: Re: MAO-MAO WAR Next: RE: [minis] alien figs and opinions on them

RE: [SG/DS] Orbital assault was RE: Troop Quality was RE: [SG2] weapons

From: <Beth.Fulton@c...>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 11:00:08 +1100
Subject: RE: [SG/DS] Orbital assault was RE: Troop Quality was RE: [SG2] weapons

G'day,

> This is the thing that gets me (and I agree with you). If you
> Orb-Bomb the planet from high into submission, why exactly are you so
> hot to take it again? After all, you've now got a planet in the
> middle of nowhere (galactically speaking) that will need aid and
> resources. What population you haven't killed is going to die from
> the after effects of the bombardment and you just tied up lots of
> resources trying to fix a planet. This assumes you're planning on
> staying.

I do agree with Adrian and Johns take on the likely set up of settled
world, particularly within the timeframe of the GZGverse settlement
window. Putting that neatly to the side for a second....

Bombardment from orbit doesn't necessarily leave you with a nuclear
waste ground. If you're from a different species (I was thinking KV
strike on humans) or you want the real estate and don't care about the
exact state of the fauna or flora then the "drop large rock etc" option
is viable. Ecosystems continue after such catastrophes, just not
necessarily in a state where all previous community members can
participate... but if that is the goal of the exercise in the first
place...

This just wouldn't be much fun to play though.

Cheers

Beth

Prev: Re: MAO-MAO WAR Next: RE: [minis] alien figs and opinions on them