Prev: Re: [FT] Using Sculpy to build ships with Next: Re: [SG2] weapons

[SG/DS] Orbital assault was RE: Troop Quality was RE: [SG2] weapons

From: Symon Cook <Symon@e...>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 18:36:17 +0000
Subject: [SG/DS] Orbital assault was RE: Troop Quality was RE: [SG2] weapons

In article <p06002000bbe9215ac29d@[10.188.51.55]>, Ryan M Gill
<rmgill@mindspring.com> writes

>This is the thing that gets me (and I agree with you). If you
>Orb-Bomb the planet from high into submission, why exactly are you so
>hot to take it again?

Yep. Almost everyone forgets that although you can make the ground glow
from orbit, you can't take it.

If you aren't prepared to nuke it to the stone age or can't bluff that
you are, you've got to send in the troops.

Cheers
--
Symon Cook (founder member of Camros)(The Campaign for Real Operating
Systems).

Roger Zelazny, Lord of Light. 1971.

Prev: Re: [FT] Using Sculpy to build ships with Next: Re: [SG2] weapons