Prev: RE: [SG2] Weapons Next: Re: MAO-MAO WAR

Re: [SG2] weapons

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 09:01:44 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [SG2] weapons

--- FlakMagnet72 <flakmagnet@tabletop-battlezone.com>
wrote:
> Would you guys (Imbre and John) at least work out a
> framework of common
> reference?

Imre was talking stand up fights with vast numbers of
marshalled recoilless rifles, but then changed his
mind.  Of course, we were also talking about wargames
scenario, but Imre now wants to talk about political
implications and such.

Last I checked, the point of this whole list is to
talk about pushing little metal toys around a table.
Given a neat SF set of rules, we have to come up with
assumptions that allow us to use at least a vaugely
recognizable version of those rules for scenarios that
are at least roughly balanced.	Right?	The second
priority is a commitment to a "Hard SF" that at least
pays lip service to believablity and reality.  Given
those priorities, that's what I'm talking about.  Imre
is merely being argumentative because he has an
aversion to agreeing with anyone, most especially me.

John

Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
http://companion.yahoo.com/

Prev: RE: [SG2] Weapons Next: Re: MAO-MAO WAR