Prev: POLIZEI Next: Re: [SG2] weapons

Re: [SG/DS] Orbital assault

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 11:31:05 -0500
Subject: Re: [SG/DS] Orbital assault

>political structure that has home world(s) as no conflict, inner
colonies
as severely restricted rules-of-engagement, and far colonies still under
'humane' rules of warfare.

This is the way it worked for European powers at one point.  Being at
war
in East Africa didn't mean you were at war in Europe.

>Interestingly, the restricted rules-of-engagement require drops from
synchronous orbits, and that all entry paths are strictly near
equatorial,
not polar, to restrict 'collateral' damage. I don't claim to have the
PSB
worked out.

It is not obvious why a drop from geosynch, or from an equatorial orbit,
would be any better than anything else.  I'd think that dropping from a
lower orbit would be a lot better than from geosynch.

http://mail2web.com/ .

Prev: POLIZEI Next: Re: [SG2] weapons