Prev: Re: [FT] Using Sculpy to build ships with Next: Re: [FT] Using Sculpy to build ships with

Re: Troop Quality was RE: [SG2] weapons

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t... (K.H.Ranitzsch)
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 06:56:33 +0100
Subject: Re: Troop Quality was RE: [SG2] weapons

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Atkinson" <johnmatkinson@yahoo.com>

> Your Regular brigade would have something like 50% of
> your combat capability, the two reserve units maybe
> 20% each, and the training units would be pretty
> marginal.  For one thing, if I'm orbitally assaulting
> you will not have the six weeks to pull in the troops
> and spin it up--I've gone after the armories on Day 2
> or 3.

This will, of course, depend on your campaign parameters.

If the enemy can FTL right into orbit, is unopposed in space and can
start
dropping pods immediately, you are right.

Under most other assumption, you will have several days' warning,
presumably. Enough to assemble and equip troops (for an historical
example,
see the Israelis in the Yom Kippur War), but not for training.

Yes, six weeks is pretty unlikely.

Greetings
Karl Heinz

Prev: Re: [FT] Using Sculpy to build ships with Next: Re: [FT] Using Sculpy to build ships with