Prev: Re: John and Imre....was: weapons Next: Re: John and Imre....was: weapons

Re: [minis] alien figs and opinions on them

From: "John C" <john1x@h...>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 03:42:33 +0000
Subject: Re: [minis] alien figs and opinions on them

>As Christmas approaches I face the annual battle of trying to decide
what I
>should subtly hint about from the vast list of figs I would enjoy
having ;)

For me, it's Vendel -- http://www.vendelminiatures.co.uk/ -- love those
Goblins of theirs.  But I'm telling myself to be more reasonable this
year....

>So this year I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the Vor
>shard miniatures, Kryomek, or the Dirz tigers from Confrontation. They
all
>look like prime alien material to me. If any kind soul could let me
know
>what they think and any reports good or bad on the companies that sell
them
>I'd be might appreciative.

I've got me a bunch of the Kryomek figures -- they were released pretty
much
simultaneously in the U.S. by both Grenadier and Stone Mountain
Miniatures,
and I've never quite been able to figure out how *that* worked.  Now
Simtac
carries the line, and they've added a bunch of things to it, and....

Anyway.

The Kryomeks themselves are nicely sculpted, and 28mmish in scale.  Most
of
the figures are much bigger than human beings, and even the smalled
minis --
the "Hellions" -- are about 6 feet long in scale.  The biggest ones are
*real* big, maybe 40mm to 50mm tall?

A lot of the figures have arms or heads cast separately from the body,
but
the fit tends to be very good.	At least, I don't recall any problems in

assembly.  The resin vehicles are cool, and have lots of nice texture
for
the drybrushing fans out there.

Um.  What other kind of stuff do you want to know?  Like I say, I have a

small ton of 'em in a box somewhere.

John Crimmins

Set yourself up for fun at home!  Get tips on home entertainment
equipment,
video game reviews, and more here.
http://special.msn.com/home/homeent.armx

Prev: Re: John and Imre....was: weapons Next: Re: John and Imre....was: weapons