Prev: Re: Fleet Replenishment tender Next: Re: Fleet Replenishment tender (SAR/Hospital)

Re: Fleet Replenishment tender

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 14:42:36 -0500
Subject: Re: Fleet Replenishment tender

At 4:33 PM +0000 11/21/03, damosan@comcast.net wrote:

>I'd also think that hospital ships would have a large group of
>Marines onboard to help keep the natives calm.

I'd expect that if you're invading a planet, a few hospital ships
would be part of the task force to provide safe and proper hospital
care for the injured of both sides that are carried to orbit. Just
like today. Further, they could be used as ships to give aid to
planets that have just had serious disasters. They'd have their own
launch bays for interface to the surface and could also dock with
other craft.

Just think of the size of the medical facilities on a large 60 ton
vessel.
- Ryan Montieth Gill			     '01 Honda Insight -
- rmgill@SPAmindspring.com			    '85 CB700S -
- ryan.gill@SPAMturner.com		 '76 Chevy Monte Carlo -
- www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       '72 Honda CB750 -
-				      '60 Daimler FV701H Mk2/3 -
-				   '42 Daimler Scout Car Mk II -
-	 The director of Home Security encourages you to       -
-	   turn in your neighbor & spy on your friends.        -
-  C&R-FFL  /  Protect your electronic rights!	  \ EFF-ACLU   -

Prev: Re: Fleet Replenishment tender Next: Re: Fleet Replenishment tender (SAR/Hospital)