Prev: Re: [SG2] weapons Next: Re: [OT] MAJOR auroral storm in progress!

Re: [SG2] weapons

From: <warbeads@j...>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 21:05:18 -0600
Subject: Re: [SG2] weapons

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 07:53:17 -0500 Damond Walker <damosan@comcast.net>
writes:

>On Thursday, November 20, 2003, at 03:51  AM, Ground Zero Games wrote:
>>

>> Thing is, with a ship (space or sea) the crew generally have to do
>> what the Captain decides - so it's up to his decision, not the
>crew's,
>> whether to follow a "crazy" order or not - it's not like infantry
>> combat where individuals can just hide in the bushes or skulk
>away....
>
>I guess it all comes down to a crew having faith in the moron pushin'
>the lead.  :)
>
>I think it would be nice to have some type of morale system at the
>fleet level such that if you ordered Frigate Flotilla A to engage the
>Dreadnought of Deadly Doom that the Flotilla Commander should roll
>something to send his ships to their (almost) certain destruction.
>Something that takes into account the mission motivation like SG2.
>
>Damo

I think that is covered under "Mutiny" or "Failure to obey an order in
the face of the enemy" and "Court-Martial" although the small boys
(Naval tradition- Jervis whatsitsname and (IIRC) USN DE/DD versus IJN
BB/CA types - Samar?) seem prone to suicidal charges on occasions.

Gracias,
Glenn

Hx, SF, and Fx: 6 mm figures, Starships and 1:6K "Wet Navy" warships
are my main interest.	But I have forces in 6 through 25 mm FWIW...

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

Prev: Re: [SG2] weapons Next: Re: [OT] MAJOR auroral storm in progress!