Prev: RR, High tech and misc - was RE: [SG2] weapons Next: RE: [FT] Morale Re: [SG2] weapons

Re: RR, High tech and misc - was RE: [SG2] weapons

From: Brian B <greywanderer987@y...>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 11:12:03 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: RR, High tech and misc - was RE: [SG2] weapons

--- B Lin <lin@rxkinetix.com> wrote:
> Summing up various arguments as to why Recoiless
> Rifles would or would not be useful -

We should also remember that the origins of the thread
were discussing the merits of Low Velocity Weapons in
general.  So while I'd be happy to consider your
points below, let's also remember that they address
RR's only, and NOt LVC's.  Agreed?

> Pluses - *snip*
>
> Minuses - *snip*

Pretty good summation, I'd say.

> Possible solutions:

*snip*

What you're describing displays remarkable similarity
in technological level and performance characteristics
to a GMS.  If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a
duck....

> Final summary:
> To generate a RR that weighs less than 100 pounds
> complete and loaded, can fire sustained rates of
> 10-15 rounds per minute with penetration capabilites
> to knock out light vehicles and APCs and perhaps an
> MBT with a lucky shot.  Issues will still be ammo
> load and portability, but the problem is similar to
> that with ATGMs or large IAVR's.

True, although if it's only semi-guided, it should be
more vulnerable to PDS/ADS.  If you smarten it up to
avoid PDS/ADS, then just use the GMS rules and call it
what you will as flavor/PSB.

=====
"Teach a man to make fire, and he will be warm for a day.  Set a man on
fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life."   -- John A.
Hrastar

http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree

Prev: RR, High tech and misc - was RE: [SG2] weapons Next: RE: [FT] Morale Re: [SG2] weapons