Prev: Re: [DS2] 6mm vehicles Next: Re: [DS2] 6mm vehicles

Re: [SG2] weapons

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 12:12:05 -0500
Subject: Re: [SG2] weapons

I'd say that the RR would work in the DS/SG game environment in the
view that the GZG-verse has high and low tech forces that sometimes
have to fight. Usually, it's low tech against low tech if you're
doing low tech at all.

It strikes me that you'd get scenarios where the low tech is
completely out classed and some of their weapons are useless.
Afterall, if they have GMS/l-Basics against a foe that has ADS-Sup,
PDS-Sup and ECM-Sup, they're just about trumped and have to get
sneaky. GMS is nice, but heavy. A RR could arguably have a GMS/H
warhead with out all the guidance packages and be short ranged. A
great bunker buster and AT weapon against equivalent low tech forces.

Did the Skinnys in Mogadishu have anything that could really bother a
high tech army with Heavy tanks and good doctrine? Not unless they
got close. Normally RPG-7s aren't even poor AA weapons, but with the
right environment, they do work. Normally the helos are too fast, too
maneuverable and it just isn't a factor.
- Ryan Montieth Gill			     '01 Honda Insight -
- rmgill@SPAmindspring.com			    '85 CB700S -
- ryan.gill@SPAMturner.com		 '76 Chevy Monte Carlo -
- www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       '72 Honda CB750 -
-				      '60 Daimler FV701H Mk2/3 -
-				   '42 Daimler Scout Car Mk II -
-	 The director of Home Security encourages you to       -
-	   turn in your neighbor & spy on your friends.        -
-  C&R-FFL  /  Protect your electronic rights!	  \ EFF-ACLU   -

Prev: Re: [DS2] 6mm vehicles Next: Re: [DS2] 6mm vehicles