Prev: Re: [SG2] weapons Next: [DS2] 6mm vehicles

Re: [SG2] weapons

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 07:06:59 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [SG2] weapons

--- "Imre A. Szabo" <ias@sprintmail.com> wrote:

> Dropping a PIAT bomb on top of an M1 turret beats
> trying to close assault an
> M1...  You don't have to isolate the M1 from other
> M1's and supporting
> infantry to pull it off without getting butchered...

Yes, you do.

> you use a future tech RR against a future tech tank,
> you are wrong.  Think
> directed microwave radiation warhead that detnates
> just outside of PDS
> range.  There goes the electronics of the PDS if
> your lucky.  If not, the
> fire control of the tank is fried also...  And maybe
> the electronics of the
> powerplant as well...

As usual, you are arguing yourself in circles just to
be argumentative.  Your big argument for Recoiless
Rifles in the first place is that they are less
expensive than guided missles.

Now you want to put a disposable DEW warhead in the
shell.	Am I the only one who thinks that is likely to
considerably more expensive and require a higher tech
base (far higher) than a simple Imaging IR sensor?

Besides, if such technology were available in the DSII
universe, we'd already have seen it.

As it stands, the only relatively 'low velocity'
weapons in DSII are artillery shells fired in large
numbers (think about the capacity limits of an
artillery vehicle, compare to modern artillery
vehicles) and containing submunitions.	Everything
else is expressly hyper-velocity or fired only at
point-blank range (IAVR) or vulnerable to PDS (GMS).

John

http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree

Prev: Re: [SG2] weapons Next: [DS2] 6mm vehicles