Prev: Re: [SG2] weapons Next: Re: [SG2] weapons

Re: [SG2] weapons

From: "Alan and Carmel Brain" <aebrain@w...>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 22:58:31 +1100
Subject: Re: [SG2] weapons

From: "Matt Tope" <mptope@omnihybrid.com>

> Regarding PD/AD fire against shells in ballistic arcs, in the 1970's
when
> the Royal Navy was testing Sea Wolf PD missile system, they managed to
> intercept a 4.5" shell in flight with a sea wolf missile. Granted the
test
> was no doubt undertaken in ideal conditions, but it would seem to
indicate
> (to me anyway) that in the future vehicle mounted anti artilery/RR
systems
> would be more than possible and deployed into service.

A mate of mine is ex-RN, and he was exec on the ship in question.

According to him it was a demonstration of super-advanced British
technology. The ability of their 4.5" guns to destroy a missile with a
single
shot *even when fired before the missile was launched*.

Prev: Re: [SG2] weapons Next: Re: [SG2] weapons