Prev: Re: Question regarding Hungarian history (was Re: FT Lancers) Next: Re: Question regarding Hungarian history (was Re: FT Lancers)

Re: FT: NAC Lancers

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 11:25:48 -0500
Subject: Re: FT: NAC Lancers

OF course, I have to wonder about naming a range of ships after an
entire class that met various and sundry ignominious ends. Eyetie
Torpedos (oh the shame), being taken by the Yugoslavians, and various
other fates.

Being sunk by the British is at least honorable in that they were the
best of the best at the time. Having 1/4 of the class given to
Yugoslavia to rot in port just isn't a fate befitting a great warship.

No, John isn't using my account.
- Ryan Montieth Gill			     '01 Honda Insight -
- rmgill@SPAmindspring.com			    '85 CB700S -
- ryan.gill@SPAMturner.com		 '76 Chevy Monte Carlo -
- www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       '72 Honda CB750 -
-				      '60 Daimler FV701H Mk2/3 -
-				   '42 Daimler Scout Car Mk II -
-	 The director of Home Security encourages you to       -
-	   turn in your neighbor & spy on your friends.        -
-  C&R-FFL  /  Protect your electronic rights!	  \ EFF-ACLU   -