Prev: FT Demo - Advice, Do's, Don'ts? Next: Re: FT Demo - Advice, Do's, Don'ts?

RE: FT Demo - Advice, Do's, Don'ts?

From: "Mark A. Siefert" <siefertma@w...>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 20:58:54 -0600
Subject: RE: FT Demo - Advice, Do's, Don'ts?

OK as a Demo Veteran I've got some advice:

DO Run each step of the first turn, explaining the game as you go.

DON'T try to teach EVERYTHING, then run the turn.

DO have legible record sheets.	I recommend you create the sheets with
full
SSDs on a computer then laminate them.	Use transparency markers to mark
them.  That way you only ever need one set of records.

DO have everything that the player's need: minis, dice, tape measures,
turn
lassos.

DON'T go wandering around unless you have to.  Stick around to answer
questions from your players.

DO arrive on time.

If playing  DON'T try to win... let your players do that.

and most importantly...

DO have a good time.

Later,
Mark A. Siefert