Prev: RE: System Failures Next: Re: [OT] Spearhead

RE: Stars Wars FT SSDs and Ion Cannon

From: Tim Bancroft <tim@d...>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 08:49:18 -0000
Subject: RE: Stars Wars FT SSDs and Ion Cannon

TB>As a straight map onto standard FT an Alternative is: one could roll
TB1>standard failure dice for the CURRENT check with a DM of the number
of
hits
TB1>scored: a result of 7+ "number of tracks down" is a failure (exactly
as
at
TB1>present for non-core systems). For example, if on the top damage
track
and
TB1>having 2 ION cannon hits, the result of failure is 5+ (5+2 = 7).
TB1>If reaching hte end of that track, the result would merely be +1, as
at
TB1>normal (6+).

OO2>This is *not* a straight map, since it gives different results than
Dean's
OO2>version for any target that has taken one or more threshold checks.

::doh:: My apologies: I've rechecked and found my mind was suffering a
merged reality problem - a confusion between merged versions, mixing
that
in the archive with that on his SSDs (now amended via this list to 1-3
maximum hits).

Is it worth publishing the updated version, btw, with Dean's playtested
comments in it (not sure who maintains firedrak?  Noam?)

Have fun,
Tim Bancroft

Prev: RE: System Failures Next: Re: [OT] Spearhead