Prev: Re: [OT] Spearhead Next: RE: [OT] Spearhead

Re: [OT] Spearhead

From: <warbeads@j...>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 06:40:34 -0600
Subject: Re: [OT] Spearhead

John, thanks for the comments, it is clarifying my search for rules for
armor games between 1918 and 2100 (just around the corner...)	While a
low priority, it is a matter of simple economics that i try and buy the
rules that have the most fun while having a modicum of connection to
reality (or at least the appearance of same.)  And the lack of influence
that Supply (in campaigns,) reconnaissance, and engineering tasks have
in
many rules (especially commercial and/or new sets) is a definite minus.
I don't want WRG style lists of lists but it should have some affects
(or
is that effects?) at least in scenario design/set up!

Gracias,
Glenn

Hx, SF, and Fx: 6 mm figures, Starships and 1:6K "Wet Navy" warships
are my main interest.	But I have forces in 6 through 25 mm FWIW...

On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 01:54:37 -0800 (PST) John Atkinson
<johnmatkinson@yahoo.com> writes:
>There was some discussion about Modern Spearhead on
>the list right before I got back.  I had a chance to
>flip through a rulebook yesterday, and I have two
>comments:
>
>1)The engineering rules are completely bogus.
>Obviously no one in that company has ever put in a
>minefield or bothered to check a manual to see how
>long it takes.  They want to tell me an engineer
>platoon takes 3 hours to put in a minefield 125 yards
>square.  That's only the most glaringly bogus rule in
>that section.
>
>2)Whoever wrote the US Army TOs was under the
>influence of some serious mind-altering chemicals.
>
>IIRC, this is the game I once played at a con where I
>lost because I didn't realize that tanks with turrets
>could, under this ruleset, not fire at any targets
>other than straight ahead.
>
>John

>http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

Prev: Re: [OT] Spearhead Next: RE: [OT] Spearhead