Prev: Re: [LST-ish] Bios of List Regulars Next: Re: I'm back. . .

Re: (OT) Ealit Ground clearance clarence...

From: "David L. Dunn - DLD Productions" <david@d...>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 08:34:10 -0800
Subject: Re: (OT) Ealit Ground clearance clarence...

<snip>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 10:50:23 -0600
From: Kevin Balentine <kevinbalentine@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: Re: (OT) 15 and 25mm Ealit LRC release.....

One more question: How easy would it be for me to "lift" the Ealit? I
like the
model, but I think I want it to be a little taller for better ground
clearance.
Is that the kind of thing I can easily do when I have the kit in my
hands? I'm
speaking as a relative novice to the whole resin modelling thing.
+++++++++++++++++++
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 18:37:22 -0000
From: "Jim Morrison" <Ajax.Dive@btinternet.com>

I've got a couple of the 15mm Kamodos and if the Ealit is anything like
that
the wheels come seperate to the chassis so it would be easy to glue them
so
the body is higher off the ground (David- please feel free to slap me
down
if I'm talking rubbish :-D)
I should also say it's a good idea for Lisa to run the prices I've seen
what
can happen when David uses his trusty abacus, admitdley I didn't notice
the
mistake either but I put that down to the excitment of getting some new
toys
:-)
Jim

Jim, Jim, Jim...... I don't make it a habit of "slapping down" my
friends. Well, ok, the Montana thing was different. He had it coming.
Stealin' me doggone roadkill! Howsa man 'posta eat dagnabit!
D'OH! :-o

Seriously now. Kevin, Jim is correct. The tires do come separately.
Something you can do is take a piece of square stock of the height you
choose, and cut off 4 pieces, just short of the width of the tires. Use
those as guides to get the desired ground clearance clarence. You can
glue the square stock pieces right into the upper part	of the wheel
well and then mount the tire as normal, using the square stock as a
spacer. Prime it up, and paint it. Throw a little dark brown paint,
(simulate
mud.),	into the wheel well, and no one will notice the add on. Tada!
"Now looky there. That's just my my cousin Jimbob BillyJoe's pickumup
truck. Whaaahooo! Let's go fur wheelin'! Oh! Oh! Watcha my beer!"  :-o

The resin we use is easy to carve, cut, drill, chew, glue, whatever you
want. Very user friendly. You can use most any kind of body putty.
Haven't tried Bondo yet....hmm......
The one thing that I ask, is that if you are going to do any heavy
sanding, that you wear a mask. The dust particles from the resin is not
really good for your lungs. Drilling is fine, as is cuting/carving. It's
just the sanding that you what to be mindful of. Other than that have at
it!

Later,
David
--
P.S. Just got the numbers for the Ealits. I'm reviewing them now, and
will post them later this evening.

On the Web:  www.dldproductions.com
Email:	info@dldproductions.com
Phn/Fax:  (714) 892-4022

---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses by Surfside Internet]

Prev: Re: [LST-ish] Bios of List Regulars Next: Re: I'm back. . .